With the road map for the way of Lockdown 3 planned to be announced soon it has got me thinking about the places I want to visit this year. With 2021 still looking so uncertain I’m cautious to dream too much but my mind has started wandering. Where is the first place I would like to visit? Where have I missed the most?
For arguments sake let’s say the lockdown has been completely lifted and there are no restrictions in place, where am I most looking forward to going?
- Somewhere hot! Beach, beautiful sunsets and cocktails on tap. I long to feel the sun after the coldest winter in a long time. Tenerife is always our go to beach holiday.
- Climbing a mountain! I have so many peaks that I’ve added to my lists that I need to start ticking some off. Pen-y-Ghent, one of the Yorkshire 3 Peaks, is the first one I would like to tackle.
- A weekend break. The Lakes is the ideal place for a long weekend and after our taster just after Christmas I’m eager to get back there ASAP. Windermere, Grasmere, Keswick, Ullswater… anywhere. I just want to climb up high and enjoy the views over the lakes.
- Head up the Dales and explore some more. Ingleton Waterfalls walk is the first place I’ll be heading as we haven’t been there for a couple of years.
- Cornwall. I’ve never really known much about the far south but the more I look into it the more I’m drawn to those white sandy beaches and the beautiful coastal paths.
- Glamping. I’d love to have a few nights away in a Hobbit Hole or a Yurt.
- A spa. I want a hot tub, sauna, to be able to swim, to have a glass of fizz and then finish it off with a massage! Rudding Park in Harrogate I have my eye on you!
- Diggerland! We still have our Christmas present from 2019 to use.
- Bolton Abbey just because we haven’t been yet this year and it feels strange not being there a few times a month.
- The coast. I want to sit and listen to the relaxing sound of the waves. Northumberland has the best beaches with Bamburgh being our favourite.
There is so much that I would like to do this year, mostly centred around our love for the great outdoors and embracing what the UK has to offer. With it looking unlikely that a trip abroad will happen I want to make the most of a staycation and sample the delights of Britain. It will also give us something to look forward to.
Where is top of your list to visit this year?