Our top 10 Yorkshire walks
It didn’t take long to come up with a list of our favourite walks but it did take a while to narrow them down! There are so many great walks in Yorkshire we really are spoilt for choice.
These are our favourite local (ish) walks.
Click on the links for more information about each one.
- Bolton Abbey – There are lots of family friendly walks around the Bolton Abbey Estate including seasonal events which are a must. Our favourites are the Welly Walk and Strid Wood.
- Malham – A stunning area comprising of The Cove, Gordale Scar and Janet’s Foss. They can be done on their own or altogether for a truly superb walk.
- Swinsty Reservoir – An easy 3 mile pram friendly route around the reservoir.
- Fountains Abbey – A great day out for all the family, all year round. The Abbey is breath-taking and not to be missed.
- Ilkley Moor – An explorer’s paradise with the Cow & Calf rocks, the Tarn, White Wells and the moors. Go get lost and have some fun!
- Embsay Crag – A short hill climb with spectacular views over the reservoir, Skipton and beyond.
- Grimwith Reservoir – A circular walk around this rugged reservoir. It is totally exposed to the elements so can be quite dramatic up there.
- Linton Falls – Grassington is a beautiful village which leads down to Linton Falls. The river flows through a magnificent gorge here whilst upstream offers an idyllic swimming spot.
- Brimham Rocks – The best place to learn about taking risks and have a picnic!
- Skipton Woods – On our doorstep, a short easy walk packing a lot in.
What would be in your top 10?